Join Our Team
Story Partners employs a mix of Capitol Hill veterans, journalists and communications professionals. In this dynamic environment, our team seamlessly works together to develop awe-inspiring communications programs that help our clients move legislation, sway public opinion and advance their business objectives. So if you like to roll up your sleeves, take on a challenge, and work across an array of clients and industries, Story Partners is the right career choice for you. Apply today!
Explore Our Job Openings
Assistant Vice President, Public Affairs
Story Partners, a leading public affairs firm in Washington, D.C., is seeking an assistant vice president to develop and implement strategic public affairs campaigns on behalf of their clients across diverse industry sectors. The successful candidate will have 7-10 years of public affairs experience, with at least three years in a public relations agency.
- Plan and execute integrated public affairs campaigns that include media, grassroots advocacy, executive positioning, reputation management, crisis communications and thought leadership
- Serve as account manager or deputy account manager on public affairs campaigns and potentially supervise junior staff member and interns
- Draft a wide range of communications materials including messages, talking points, opinion pieces, press releases, media pitches, fact sheets, digital and social media content, advertising copy, etc.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with Beltway, trade, national and local media and generate strategic media placements
- Build relationships with third parties and establish collaborative partnership opportunities
- Build trusted relationships with clients and prospects that lead to incremental new business opportunities
- Participate in business development opportunities such as brainstorming and building campaign strategies, drafting new business proposals and presentations
- Manage external vendors such as media buyers, publishers, photographers, videographers, etc.
- 7-10 years of public affairs experience, with at least three years in a public relations agency
- Knowledge of and interest in public policy issues
- Excellent media contacts, strong media pitching skills, and a solid record of achievement in generating media placements
- Strong writer with a persuasive writing portfolio
- A passion for providing outstanding client service
- Self-starter who works well in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree
The position is based in Washington, D.C., and while it is primarily virtual, there is an ongoing need for in-person meetings and events in D.C.
This is an excellent growth opportunity for an ambitious team player with a solid record of achievement in public affairs. Story Partners offers an excellent salary and benefits package, including health, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO), holidays and opportunities for professional development. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Public Relations Account Executive
Story Partners, a Washington, D.C.-based public affairs firm, is seeking an Account Executive to help implement digital, social, and traditional PR and communications strategies on behalf of a diverse client base that spans various industries and policy issues.
- Work as an integral part of client teams to develop and execute strategic public affairs campaigns
- Assist with media outreach, develop media lists, and monitor and identify industry news and trends for agency clients
- Conduct research for and draft content for social media, newsletters, press releases, op-eds, websites, blogs, infographics, etc.
- Assist with ongoing social community management, and work to infuse digital elements such as paid amplification, SEO and analytics into public affairs campaigns
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in communications (Experience in public affairs, PR, journalism, or on Capitol Hill is preferred)
- Team player with a passion for providing outstanding client service
- Strong writer, detail-oriented and strategic thinker
- Well-organized with an ability to prioritize projects, multitask, and meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree
Story Partners is a small public affairs firm with an all-hands-on-deck approach to client work. This is an excellent growth opportunity for an ambitious, conscientious team player motivated to excel and interested in learning and building experience in digital, social, and traditional media. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Story Partners is seeking a Digital Manager to manage online and social media campaigns. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience with strategy development, community management, editorial planning, online advertising and social analytics.
- Lead digital programs for communications and public affairs clients across array of industries
- Advise clients and account leads on emerging social trends, research and best practices to identify new opportunities and solutions
- Execute ongoing social community management, monitoring and reporting, continuously evaluating new and compelling ways to engage audiences online.
- Plan and execute online advertising and search engine marketing campaigns, including planning, buying, budgeting, and optimization
- Develop analytic reports to properly measure effectiveness and make data-driven recommendations for strategy and improvements
- Monitor social media conversations and trends to identify opportunities for clients to leverage story telling opportunities in real-time
- Conduct email marketing campaigns
- Perform research and prepare new business materials (e.g., proposals, pitches)
- 3-5 years digital project management experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Demonstrated experience managing social communities for brands, companies, nonprofits or issue-based organizations.
- Proficiency with social management platforms (e.g., Sprout) and social media monitoring platforms (e.g., Meltwater)
- Proficiency in Google Adwords
- Ability to think creatively and spot trends
- Proven ability to learn quickly and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for everything digital
- Bachelor’s degree
Story Partners offers an excellent salary and benefits package, including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO), holidays and opportunities for professional development. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Affairs Interns
Join Story Partners this summer as a public affairs intern. Our intern program provides a substantive, hands-on experience in a fast-paced public affairs firm. Working day-to-day with industry veterans, you will learn what it takes to develop high-level communications campaigns and execute media relations, digital communications, and advertising strategies for a wide variety of clients.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated, self-starter and creative thinker passionate about transforming complex policy issues into compelling storytelling campaigns. Summer interns that join Story Partners enjoy working in a team environment and have strong writing skills, social media and digital savviness, and a keen interest in media relations. We encourage students with a communications background or an interest in the role of public affairs in the political process to apply.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting a wide selection of written and creative materials, including press releases, blog posts, fact sheets, and much more
- Monitoring client and issue news coverage and compiling summary reports
- Supporting media relations activities, including building reporter lists and drafting and executing media pitches
- Conducting media and issues-related research
- Assisting with digital communications efforts, including drafting social media content, engaging in community management, and reporting analysis as necessary
- Supporting client events as needed
- Participating in brainstorming and planning meetings with internal teams
Story Partners hosts in-person lunch & learns for our interns throughout the summer, where they learn more about various communications disciplines and public affairs. Interns should be prepared to enter a professional hybrid work environment and work across a range of industries and accounts.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Why Work for Story Partners
Story Partners is an award-winning woman-owned public affairs firm that offers amazing benefits:
- Great colleagues
- Generous benefits
- Ample paid vacation
- Amazing location
- Unlimited opportunities to learn & grow!