Story Partners, a leading public affairs firm in Washington, D.C., is seeking an assistant vice president to develop and implement strategic public affairs campaigns on behalf of their clients across diverse industry sectors. The successful candidate will have 7-10 years of public affairs experience, with at least three years in a public relations agency.
- Plan and execute integrated public affairs campaigns that include media, grassroots advocacy, executive positioning, reputation management, crisis communications and thought leadership
- Serve as account manager or deputy account manager on public affairs campaigns and potentially supervise junior staff member and interns
- Draft a wide range of communications materials including messages, talking points, opinion pieces, press releases, media pitches, fact sheets, digital and social media content, advertising copy, etc.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with Beltway, trade, national and local media and generate strategic media placements
- Build relationships with third parties and establish collaborative partnership opportunities
- Build trusted relationships with clients and prospects that lead to incremental new business opportunities
- Participate in business development opportunities such as brainstorming and building campaign strategies, drafting new business proposals and presentations
- Manage external vendors such as media buyers, publishers, photographers, videographers, etc.
- 7-10 years of public affairs experience, with at least three years in a public relations agency
- Knowledge of and interest in public policy issues
- Excellent media contacts, strong media pitching skills, and a solid record of achievement in generating media placements
- Strong writer with a persuasive writing portfolio
- A passion for providing outstanding client service
- Self-starter who works well in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree
The position is based in Washington, D.C., and while it is primarily virtual, there is an ongoing need for in-person meetings and events in D.C.
This is an excellent growth opportunity for an ambitious team player with a solid record of achievement in public affairs. Story Partners offers an excellent salary and benefits package, including health, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO), holidays and opportunities for professional development. Salary is commensurate with experience.